5 Trends of North Georgia Wedding Photography
As we get into the spring of 2015, we notice that a few trends seem to be emerging. We are excited to list them here for you, the prospective bride.
1) BE TRUE. This is more than just ensuring your vision matches who you are and what you believe, but making sure as you plan your wedding you are honest with yourself about what your priorities are. Everyone, for the most part, has a budget to work with. Starting with your priorities about where you want your money to work and be allocated. This leads to so many other good things like…
2) BOOK AND PLAN AHEAD. It may seem like you have forever if your planning a wedding and you have a year, nine or six months to go…but the facts are this..there are only so many weekends in the year and venues, vendors and guests will all need to be aligned to one specific date. For example we have seen one well known bridal magazine talk about a timeline of booking your photographer 6 months out!!! NOTHING could be worse advice. The good in this industry do much business by word of mouth and nothing is as disheartening as to have selected a vendor you are excited to have bring their vision to your wedding, only to find out they are booked. GOOD ENOUGH IS THE ENEMY HERE! Plan ahead and do so as early as possible. The extended time can also be helpful when paying for larger services such as the venue or wedding photography.
3) THINK TIMELESS. We see a decided shift to couples wanting two things in their wedding photography specifically, great storytelling (also known as photojournalism) and a talent to pose and direct clients to look their best. This is a pushback against the trend where couples wanted moments and assumed they could hire anyone with a camera and get them by shooting a large quantity of images. The skill-set that made for great photography in the days of film are still true today, timing, understanding light and a knowledge of angles as it applies to making your clients look great. The same can be said of décor and themes. Couples are now viewing their wedding in less of a lens of trends, and more in a perspective of their own uniqueness and timelessness.
4) PLAN LOGISTICS AND A BACKUP PLAN. Many couples now enjoy so many great venues where being outside in North Georgia for a wedding is ideal…but weather does not always cooperate, so spending time on a detailed backup plan will help so much to feel confident that should the backup plan need to be enforced, everyone knows their roles and responsibilities. This is also an excellent reminder to discuss with your wedding photographer their backup plan!
5) FAITH, ZEN AND THE ART OF LETTING GO! Once you have planned and paid for a life event like your wedding, it is time to practice that faith and let go! Management on the day of needs to be left to others, and it goes without saying all of this , the planning, the paying, the décor, the photography, the eating , the visiting with your guests will be difficult to enjoy and savor every moment if your worried about enough appetizers to go around! The art of letting go will have you enjoying a day, truly like no other!
This post has no comments yet!